Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

TeamWork through FTP

eldhead
Newcomer
This is a question from the "old" forum and I never got a chance to answer it before we all moved here.

The problem I saw whas to connect to the ftp-server from within ArchiCAD, we used NT and couldnt create a directory like "my networkplaces in" XP. Therefore we had to move all files to the server using a basic ftp-app. The solution was to use another third part app called WebDrive. This software creates a virtual directory in "your computer" and its actually a directory on the ftp-server.

Some problems show up if ArchiCAD decides to crash in the middle of transfering files, but mostly it works just fine. Its very important to set up rules for "who does what and when" to avoid conflicts in workspace. The feature brings a new dimension to CAD-drafting and I would not hesitate to use it.

/Johan
Archicad 7 - 24, HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation, Win 10
3 REPLIES 3
Aussie John
Newcomer
I've not used FTP for Teamwork but have used it over broadband to a remote network.

It really is the slowest thing since treacle. A send a receive was realy only practical at the end of a days session. ( it would take 45 mins during which Archicad was not usable)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
eldhead
Newcomer
I agree, the feature is limited to small projects.
Archicad 7 - 24, HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation, Win 10
Aussie John
Newcomer
eldhead wrote:
I agree, the feature is limited to small projects.
Exactly- and in that instance probably running solo anyway
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]