BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Teamwork 13 vs. Snow Leopard?

matthewjj
Newcomer
Okay here is a weird issue. We just teamworked a file at the office and after the file finished the teamwork process all the Bimserver 13 library objects disappeared. The 13 library stayed listed under the bimserver libraries but all object instances appeared as empty dots and furthermore the object tool did not even list the 13 library.

So we checked it on another computer. Everything was fine. Then we checked it on another computer. Again, everyone was good to go.

So what is the deal? Here are some of the variables & data points we are working with.

• Computer 1 is a Dual Quad-core Mac Pro running Snow Leopard.
• Computers 2 & 3 are Single Quad Core Mac Pros running Leopard.
• Computer 1, 2 & 3 are all in the same office, on the same network & running the same build of Archicad 13.
• Bimserver is running on Snow Leopard.

Our suspicion is that it has something to do with snow leopard? Anyone out there have any suggestions? We'd greatly appreciate it.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Are you using the exact same build on all computers?

If you go to the instance with the Library problem, can you go to the Library Manager and add the BIM Server library to the Project?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
It is also possible that not all computers are referencing the BIM Server by exactly the same name or IP address. That is, some of them might be referencing it as "OurHappyBIMServer" and others as "192.168.0.105". (This is something usually experienced by external users where they reference by a DNS name or public IP address vs the internal name / LAN IP address. But, this is supposedly fixed in 14 which is not as picky as 13.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
matthewjj
Newcomer
Laszlo, I double checked on the build number and that appears to be synced up. Karl, you might be right. We had another similar issue with an outside consultant that had the libraries disappear but our team still had them. On the plus side we did get our 14 boxes last week so maybe we'll just try that.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
matthewjj
Newcomer
Well, we got it fixed. First we tried leaving and rejoing the project like the archicadwiki article suggests. Then we tested the snow leopard theory on another computer and found that it worked properly which eliminated snow leopard as the culprit. Then we theorized that perhaps when the library was downloading it was writing over it properly causing the library to mis-load.

We tracked the secret location of the Teamwork 2.0 files in the User/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft/TW Data folder. That is where we found the LIBC folder which appears to house the bimserver copy of the library and an xml file called LibraryCacheFolderWrapper. After having 'Left' the project and shutting down AC13 we blitzed the LIBC folder and the xml file. Then we rejoined the project and voila! the library parts reappeared.

I think this is basically a hard-reload-bimserver-libraries solution.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the path you mention actually contains the local cached copy of the library. The BIM Server copy is contained somewhere within the folder into which the BIM Server was installed.
But since there was no local cached copy of the library, AC reloaded the latest state of the library from the server.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!