Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Teamwork. Best practice to save pmk files?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

We have a dedicated machine exclusive for the BIMcloud. All information regarding non teamwork projets and all the publish files from temwork projets are stored in another machine. We are now starting to implement the separate file workflow for layout only with pmk's for large teamwork projets.

The question is: should we publish the pmk files into the machine where bimcloud is running or into our regular server? I am aware that both ways works but is there a clear advantage for publishing to one machine or another? Speed? file path issues? etc..?

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
PMK files are opened and read by ARCHICAD when they are placed on Layouts. So this does not much concern the BIM Server. I would probably store them on the regular file server, along with all other non-BIM Server files of the Project.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
PMK files are opened and read by ARCHICAD when they are placed on Layouts. So this does not much concern the BIM Server. I would probably store them on the regular file server, along with all other non-BIM Server files of the Project.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I understand. I was just wondering if there was any particular reason to go either way. We will most likely save them on a non-BIM server like you suggested.

Thank you very much.