Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Teamwork Bim Server

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please HELP
The Team Work file crashed and when I try to open a report window say:
A serious error has occurred during The Receive process.
Before you can continue editing...........
When I restore from auto save it opens again, and It ask me if I want
to Receive changes if I say Receive it goes babacko the begin. and then it goes on a loop.
If a choose Receive later it opens, but when I do send and Receive it crash again.
Please any solution????
Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
When it goes into the loop, "end task/force quit" Archicad.
Open AC again and choose NOT to open the autosave file
Open the TW file again. It may prompt that the TW project needs to be reloaded from the BIM server. If you get this prompt proceed with reloading from the server.

After this you should be back in business
Anonymous
Not applicable
It' is a Bug?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really have no idea what the cause of this problem is, but it has happened on several projects for us, but no data was lost.

The only way out of the loop is to force quit and reload a fresh copy of the project from the BIM Server.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you
At least we know that you do not lose pieces and parts, and you do not go into panic.
Thanks again
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Did Eric's suggestion solve your problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
to be interested in my question. I steel have the same problem, but with with another file.
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Please do the following:
-save a PLN from your teamwork project for backup (Especially if you have unsent changes)
-quit ArchiCAD
-locate the following folder: Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Graphisoft\TW Data (This is the folder, where ArchiCAD keeps a local cache of the projects for fast and possibly offline operations)
-you will find a cache folder there, its name starts with your project's name
-delete this folder

The next time you start ArchiCAD and try to open the same project it won't find the cache information locally and will have to reload the project from the Server

If it fixes you problem, then you can try to migrate the changes (if any) from the saved PLN to the TW Project, but your only tool is Copy/Paste now.

Let me know if this helps.
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Sorry, just realized you have no option to save the pln, since it crashes during opening the project.

In this case - if you have important unsent changes:
-stop the server before opening the project
-open the project in ArchiCAD (since the server is off, it won't try to commnicate and can't have a receive error)
-save the project as a PLN
-close AC
-delete the cache folder as described in my previous post
-start the server
join the project

If you do not have unsent changes, then simply delete the cache folder before starting ArchiCAD. Make sure you don't try to open the autosave file either.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you I will try when the problem is shown up again.
Thanks again.