BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Teamwork + Lumion Livesync?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
Does anyone know if it's possible to use Lumion Livesync also with Archicad Teamwork files? As far as I've so far understood, Livesync wants a local .PLN file to connect, but TW files don't have that? Does anyone know how to make it connected?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I figured it out. It is possible to start Livesync with a teamwork file, if you start a fresh Lumion file. You can't update an already existing Lumion file that you've imported a .dae file into. But I also found a way around it - I changed the name of the file on TW BIM server, started a Livesync to a new, empty Lumion file, and then merged this new file into the old Lumion scene, so it kept all the Lumion things in place (items places, views and settings saved), but replaced the old .dae file with the livesync model from the new file.

Seems a bit stupid to go through this loop, but it solved my problem. Did not want to create a new Lumion scene at the end stage of the project, but adding Livesync makes workflow so much better, so.. the loop was worth it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! After I downloaded my Lumion LiveSync for ArchiCAD 19 and I Moved 'ArchiCADToLumionBridge.apx' to Installation folder\ArchiCAD (Version)\Add-Ons , after I open Archicad 19, I don't see any LiveSync in my program. Can anyone tell me how to fix and see it?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to the "Options > Add-On Manager" Dialog and see if Lumion is listed.
Also, is the checkbox by its name checked? Because that means it is enabled.
If so, then go to the "Work Environment" Dialog, and in the "Menus" page, check in the list of available command and menus if there is any Lumion-related command you could add to your menu, using which to start the Lumion Connection.

Don't you have a PDF Guide for Lumion that details these things?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!