Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Teamwork and Profiles, 3rd Party Add-Ons...

Andy Thomson
Advisor
I am having a dog of a time managing a small teamwork file, because we are using many profiles that AFAIK can only be modified in exclusive access mode. Why?? A rhetorical statement/comment/question I guess - not to mention all of the other attributes that occasionally need to be modified on the fly. (can profiles be modified as team leader?? checking this now...)

Also, Cadimage's DWB will not allow users to see the setout tab, even though the library and add-on is loaded correctly, where the setout tab (on the same project even) when opened in SOLO/pln mode. Hmm. Kindof a problem when nobody can modify windows. Anyone else having this problem? I wonder if it has anything to do with the plugin being both mac/pc in the common teamwork environment??

Teamwork is supposed to accelerate development of the project as we can just throw more bodies into the file, but these kinds of speedbumps need to be addressed at some point....

Picture 1.png

Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
14 REPLIES 14
Rod Jurich
Contributor
andyro wrote:
/............
Also, Cadimage's DWB will not allow users to see the setout tab, even though the library and add-on is loaded correctly, where the setout tab (on the same project even) when opened in SOLO/pln mode. Hmm. Kindof a problem when nobody can modify windows. Anyone else having this problem? I wonder if it has anything to do with the plugin being both mac/pc in the common teamwork environment??/.......
Andy, they are on holiday 'til the 8th. Mailed Tony Krepler ( tony at cadimage dot co dot nz ) with similar problem. Cannot comment on your TW difficulty.
His reply in part 26.12.06 was
It looks like you have got all the right libraries loaded, so the problem should be one of the following:
Missing Add-ons – please make sure the following Add-ons are loaded:
Cadimage Update All
Cadimage Image GDX
Cadimage File Dialog
Missing image files. These should have been installed in the Macros folder: ArchiCAD Library 10\Cadimage Libraries\Macros\Mac Imagesü please check if you have folders named Navigator Images and Zoom Images in this folder and they are not empty.
Please make sure Read/Write permissions are enabled on the ArchiCAD Data Folder
Please make sure Read/Write permissions are enabled on all of the folders in the library
Further to that 27.12.06
Thanks a lot for sending all the details. Please understand our office is closed until 8th January. I need the developers to take a deeper look into the product inside. We will try our best to et back to you with a solution or workaround in the first days of the week of the 8th. I highly appreciate your patience until then.
The strange part is that all is in the right place and the 2nd time opening the problem file all is working ok.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Rod, is this TW or SOLO where you don't see the setout data?? We had this issue but fixed it by telling the registry entry where to find our office/server located library, where we load 90% ofr our project libraries from....

It was a non issue on the mac, until we started the teamwork file...
Director
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
TomWaltz
Participant
andyro wrote:
I am having a dog of a time managing a small teamwork file, because we are using many profiles that AFAIK can only be modified in exclusive access mode. Why?? A rhetorical statement/comment/question I guess - not to mention all of the other attributes that occasionally need to be modified on the fly. (can profiles be modified as team leader?? checking this now...)
You can only edit profiles with Exclusive Access, which I think is one of the dumbest ideas. I can see Team Leader, but not Exclusive Access.
Tom Waltz
Andy Thomson
Advisor
TomWaltz wrote:
You can only edit profiles with Exclusive Access
A pretty un-team-like requirement - "OK, everybody, get out of the file, I need to change the zinc flashings to copper..." That's just what I had to do...
Director
TomWaltz
Participant
That's usually one of those "after hours" changes, where after everyone else signs out and goes home, I have a list of things that need to be done.
Tom Waltz
Andy Thomson
Advisor
We don't always have that luxury! Client is in this afternoon, renderings need to be done..........but I know the drill, attributes, layer, view/layout/ profiles, all needing to be done when nobody else is around.... DWB is my biggest gripe right now because it doesn't work AT ALL! Another item to add to that list
Director
TomWaltz
Participant
How DARE a client be so demanding as to expect work to be done! 😉

I was never a DWB fan to begin with. I've have a long laundry list of complaints about it, so I'm not overly shocked to hear about your troubles.
Tom Waltz
Andy Thomson
Advisor
What DWB CAN do more than makes up for its foibles, but it is increadibly frustrating nonetheless...
Director
Anonymous
Not applicable
andyro wrote:
What DWB CAN do more than makes up for its foibles, but it is increadibly frustrating nonetheless...
Andy, do you think it would be decipherable to someone who doesn't really understand window construction yet? I have a hard time with a lot of AC's window objects, but sometimes still find I just can't make them do what I want, especially different shapes. I generally just want fairly basic, schematic-looking things at this point in my career, and want to be able to apply colors and textures to the visible parts and moldings, and to apply different profile moldings, but otherwise, I don't really care about every detail of every measurement.

Wendy