Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Teamwork between M1 macs and Intel?

Maxam
Contributor

I vaguely remember maybe seeing something about Teamwork not being compatible between new M1 Macs and older intel chip Macs.  Can anyone confirm if we can mix and match client computers when using BIMcloud? Or does everyone working on the project need  to be on M1?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

I cannot imagine that it would matter.  At present, the M1 Mac is running exactly the same code as the Intel Mac... emulated Intel via Rosetta 2.  BIMCloud should not be able to distinguish between. the two.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

Solution
Pieter
Participant

We are using Macs with the M1 and intel macs, on several teamwork projects at our office. 

We have not experienced any problems with this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

I cannot imagine that it would matter.  At present, the M1 Mac is running exactly the same code as the Intel Mac... emulated Intel via Rosetta 2.  BIMCloud should not be able to distinguish between. the two.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
Pieter
Participant

We are using Macs with the M1 and intel macs, on several teamwork projects at our office. 

We have not experienced any problems with this.

Jono
Contributor

Is there a current update on this? 

The download versions for 26 are:

4024 for Silicon and

3001 intel.

However on intel now my Update lists 4034 as current *note This is a macOS 13 Ventura compatibility update.

we work with a correspondent who has upgraded to silicon we are yet to. the issue is build numbers and Bimcloud teamwork file versions and specifically the file been authored on the later version been accessible to us on intel version.

latest available updatelatest available updateSilicon base numberSilicon base numberIntel base numberIntel base number

Architect - South Africa

macOS Big Sur
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
*Processor 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core 17
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB
Jono
Contributor

I think I have answered my own question doing some more searching.

see image. 

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 12.01.11.png
Architect - South Africa

macOS Big Sur
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
*Processor 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core 17
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB