BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Teamwork erratic behavior...

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
At first I was very pleased with the new Teamwork 2, i saw it as a great enhancement and leap forward...

Since i have been using it though my opinion is rapidly changing...
Teamwork 2 is getting on my nerves...

After this, now i have a new problem...
Today when i try to "Send & Receive", i get this error message: "A serious error has occurred during the receive process. Before you can continue editing this project, you must return to its latest Autosaved version. Any changes you made since the last Autosave will be lost!"
Then, when i click "Restore from Autosave", i get the message to receive changes, and on clicking "Receive now" i get the previous message again, entering an endless loop of error messages!

loop.png
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
19 REPLIES 19
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Please don't give up on Teamwork yet!

Something went wrong somewhere (I guess you figured that out).

In order to save data from Autosave (If you have any valuable, but yet unsent changes on your computer) please stop the server and try to open the project again - it will open in offline mode. Save it as a PLN.

Next Close ArchiCAD and go to the Local Data fodler, usually:

Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Graphisoft\TW Data

Delete the folder, which contains your project's name.

Start the server and try joining again.
If you saved the PLN previously open it in another ArchiCAD and copy/paste the changes into the TW project.

Hope it helps,
Gabor
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Gabor, the problem happened again today...
I'm following your instructions...
What i notice is this: In my local TW folder i have several folders with different creation dates which all start with the name of the project i'm working on... i have changed the project name over time because of the various versions that evolve. For example it was "305 AMFIAREIO first version", "305 AMFIAREIO second version", "305 AMFIAREIO third version" etc... and all these projects were shared. In the TW data folder i only see "305 AMFIAREIO" followed by a code. See attached image. Is it possible that this could be a problem?
Screen shot 2010-03-11 at 11.25.19.png
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The projects are identified by "the code", the name at the beginning is truncated to n characters and only for the user. So that shouldn'T be a problem.
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I've heard technical support picked up the case, hopefully they will be able to help you.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Thank you very much!
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
The last few days, when i open a TW file, in the BIM server window a have 2 files which show with the red icon and are listed as "Joined, Unsent changes" whereas i have sent changes and saved my local copy. If triple checked it and there is no way to get it right. I'm always listed as having unsent changes. Another file which was listed as being OK, when i opened it, gave the message that it was modified and i was forced to "Discard & Reload"....

what's going on???
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
In some rare cases the unsent check makes a mistake. Can't tell the exact circumstances, but if you see it right after a send and receive, then do not worry...
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
But in those particular 2 projects i always get the "unsent changes"... for many days now... how this can be fixed?
gkovacsp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
no idea
Learn and get certified!