Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Teamwork - outside office network - expanding staff

JamesAIA
Newcomer

Have you tried developing project on teamwork in collaboration with someone outside your company ?
For example get someone to model some building finished, setting up layouts placing annotations etc ...

12 REPLIES 12
tonyfitz
Booster

We do this a lot, what is it exactly you want to know ?

Generally we have enough BIMcloud licenses for them to access our system or give them access to our system via VPN if using BIMcloud basic.

But let us know a little more about what you are trying to work out and I can provide you some more insight.

Tony Fitzpatrick
Head of BIM
www.aw2.fi

Co-Founder / CEO
www.the bimcrowd.com
Djordje
Ace

Preparing for a similar action, by adding concept architects to the team for a particular job. We are running 22-25 BIMCloud Basic, and wondering whether going for BIMCloud Pro or BIMCloud aaS would make things easier, if not cheaper?

Does anyone from the Middle East region have experience with the BCaaS? Our allocated Google server is in India.

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

BCaaS not from the Middle East but Buenos Aires (working on US BCaaS projects). BCaaS has totally spoiled me and I don't want to ever again hear about servers, VPN, restarts. For small offices/teams it probably makes a lot of sense economically (a few hours a month taken by any combination of the above will pay for the service), but my thing with BCaaS is visceral, irrational, passional. 

BIMcloud as a Service is hosted in India for the Middle East region, as it is running on Google's cloud service too. 🙂 

If you have a good experience with the service over there (you can even check the most important parameters here: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/BIMcloud-as-a-Service-Connection-Test/ta-...) then a BIMcloud as a Service is a good choice. With the most recent features, it can grant you some better licensing opportunities to work together with the external architects, and also you can quickly exchange project data via the integrated BIMx viewer.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Djordje
Ace

Hi Noemi

Thanks for the reply!

Funnily enough, the ping with the allocated Mumbai or Delhi Google Cloud servers is the slowest in the list with almost 500ms! The fastest are European servers with about 160-200ms

So should we go with the recommended servers or connect to the fastest ones?

Researching... 🙂

Djordje

HP Omen

I made that mistake I didn't ask where the external architects are located. If they are located in the same country, then I would choose based on existing experience with servers in India and feature set of BIMcloud product plans, if they are located outside and somewhere really far away (e.g. in Vietnam), then you might get better chance if you host your BIMcloud somewhere in the "middle".

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Djordje
Ace

They are here in Dubai. That is why I was checking the options... the city infrastructure is very good, and despite VPNs and other IT issues, it could be better to do the thing locally. As I have said, research is in progress 🙂

Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace

the latencies really do not make any sense...

Global HTTP Load Balancer
global
126 ms
Netherlands
europe-west4
155 ms
London
europe-west2
156 ms
Warsaw
europe-central2
151 ms
Frankfurt
europe-west3
136 ms
Zurich
europe-west6
148 ms
Finland
europe-north1
166 ms
Belgium
europe-west1
145 ms
Montréal
northamerica-northeast1
211 ms
North Virginia
us-east4
210 ms
Toronto
northamerica-northeast2
219 ms
South Carolina
us-east1
220 ms
Iowa
us-central1
233 ms
Salt Lake City
us-west3
251 ms
Oregon
us-west1
266 ms
Los Angeles
us-west2
271 ms
Las Vegas
us-west4
274 ms
São Paulo
southamerica-east1
320 ms
Tokyo
asia-northeast1
363 ms
Osaka
asia-northeast2
370 ms
Santiago
southamerica-west1
394 ms
Seoul
asia-northeast3
399 ms
Taiwan
asia-east1
401 ms
Melbourne
australia-southeast2
411 ms
Sydney
australia-southeast1
405 ms
Hong Kong
asia-east2
406 ms
Singapore
asia-southeast1
421 ms
Jakarta
asia-southeast2
437 ms
Delhi
asia-south2
485 ms
Mumbai
asia-south1
483 ms
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace

... another stupid question: should all the logged in BCaaS users be on the same version and build of Archicad? It is logical to assume that the answer is yes.

The documents mention 23 as the highest version, therefore either they were not updated, or you can actually not use newer Archicad than 23? Again, not logical.

Thanks for any clarifications.

Djordje

HP Omen

BIMcloud as a Service is working from Archicad 20 6000 and above. Could you help me where did you read Archicad 23? So we can update it. Thank you!

About builds in Teamwork: yes, all team members should work with the same Archicad major version on the same update build. What is available compared to BIMcloud Basic is that you can have an Archicad 25 and Archicad 24 projects parallel on the same BIMcloud and access them accordingly.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Djordje
Ace

Hi Noemi

The versions are mentioned at https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Let-s-get-started/BIMcloud-as-a-Service/ta-p/304068 Step 4 and onwards

Djordje_0-1643271821666.png

I think it would be enough to say "Archicad 20 build 6000 and newer, with current updates"?

Djordje

HP Omen

Fixed. Thank you again! 🙂

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin