BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Teamwork project to solo project seems bloated!

gdford
Advisor

I have converted a large team-work project to a solo project.

I was expecting the project to trim-down a bit and and basically run faster, however I can not see a bit of difference. Is there some teamwork baggage that comes with this process? If so how can I unload it?

Thanks!!

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
1 REPLY 1
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Normally every once in a while even the BIMcloud Server trims the project (it trims project history when everyone does a Send & Receive), which can save you a lot of space already. Beside that, saving a PLN should also reduce size, as Archicad is optimizing its own work.

What came into my mind that you might have a large Embedded Library in the project, which can increase the file size a lot (and cause performance issues both in Teamwork and Solo). Another idea is that you are running Archicad 25 and this might affect you: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-Management-articles/Archicad-25-sudden-file-size-increas...

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Learn and get certified!