Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Teamwork taking FOREVER to connect!

The last week we are having really serious problems connecting to TW projects.
Connecting takes 1 hour, sometimes even more!
This is getting really out of control.
I'm writing this post while waiting for Archicad to open a TW file after a bug crash.
It's now been an hour and the progress bar isn't even half way through!

What is going on????
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Are you connecting in house or remotely? how big are the TW files?
have you checked your network speeds? I had an issue a while back when my network speed dropped from 1Gb/s to 100Mb/s due to a faulty network card.

I'm having a similar issue with slow transfer speeds(SOOO frustrating!!), but my TW file is too big and it's a remote TW file that I'm trying to access. That being said, the send and receive times tend to be very inconsistent, sometimes it's very quick, sometimes very slow, irregardless of the size of data that's being transferred.
Hi,

I'm connecting in-house, the file is about 2GB in size, but I don't think that's the problem because upon joining the processes only lasts 10 minutes. But every other time I open an already joined TW file, it takes forever to open. The network is fine, I had it checked and certified a couple of months ago, and I have DNS settings etc
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is good every once in a while to save your teamwork project as a solo project, and re-share it. I had a house renovation that was 250 MB. I saved it as a solo and re-shared, and it was 128 MB. I'm not sure how much that will help you, but it does purge the file of old information and may speed it up.
yes, I know its good to re-share (even if its a bit silly) but the file in question was very recently shared, so I don't thinks its the case.
And the fact that when joining for the first time is a pretty quick operation, but only opening the file takes forever is a sign that something else is wrong.
We are now forced to keep archicad open and the computers on all night, otherwise its impossible to open a TW file
ares997
Contributor
Try this:

1. Save a pla of the file to your desktop.
2. Unplug your network cable.
3. Open the file.
4. If it opens save it as a pln file on your desktop.
5. Plug in your network cable.
6. Reconnect to the network.
7. Share the file.

If this works the problem might be related to something with your file trying to connect in a odd manor to the server and it is timing out, though you can't see this activity for some reason.

You can also clear your Archicad Preference files as well. http://www.archicadwiki.com/PreferencesCleaning
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Do you have obsolete bim libraries in the project?
ArchiCAD can spend a LOT of time searching them.
We once had a bim server which we killed lately. Opening
old files linked to those killed libraries is frustrating
slow.

Usually we open those files with ethernet cable disconnected
to correct the library paths before connecting to servers again.

Hope this helps.
thanks for the advice Juha, I'll give it a try!