BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Template from project

DGSketcher
Legend
Is there an easy way to clean up a project (.PLN) file to retain views, existing objects & associated attributes but purge all other irrelevant data?

I have a job containing elements which will be modified to suit the site but they needs to be presented consistently on all jobs. I thought about saving as a .MOD file but this deletes all the views (sections, elevations etc).
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You mean delete the model, but keep the views?

Turn off the layers for sections and elevations, use marquee bold to mark the model and delete across all stories, go through the views to clean up anything left that you do not want and possibly remove layouts.

It should take a few minutes at most.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks Erwin, that sorts the view aspect. The next challenge is things like profiles, material & textures which are irrelevant.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried Purge Unused in Attribute Manager?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
kzaremba wrote:
Have you tried Purge Unused in Attribute Manager?
This will remove everything for the most part.

If you have used a naming standard to differentiate standard template things from project specific, this is easily done in attribute manager or if you look at internal ID number, ussually this numbers up.

As a tip: we have dummy attributes for all things (layers, complex profiles, surface etc etc) with a high internal ID, causing new attributes to start at this new high number and up.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a go.
Learn and get certified!