BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Text import from DWG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies if this has already been asked but I am having some difficulty in importing a dwg file into ArchiCAD without having the text position and line spacing change dramatically, I have attached an image of the drawing file in dwg and one in pln format (in post below) to show the differences, is there a way of altering the import settings so that the pln (Archicad) file looks just like the dwg (AutoCAD) file?

Screen Shot AutoCad.png
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is the pln (ArchiCad) file
Screen Shot ArchiCad.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Font conversion can be controlled.
Go to the File\File Special\DXF-DWg Tranlation Setup Dialog's Settings in Selected Translator panel.
Here under the Attributes group, go to the Font-style conversion page.
Here you can define which AutoCAD Style is converted to which font in ArchiCAD upon opening or importing a DWG/DXF file.
What I would try is go to AutoCAD and check what font is used in that Style you are using for your fonts.
Then I would create a conversion rule to convert that Style to this Font in ArchiCAD.
That will hopefully help.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I'm trying to hook up to this old conversation.

Is it possible to use a wildcard, to convert all text styles used in a dwg file to one font in ArchiCAD? My colleagues always send me files with tens of text styles that all need be converted because their original texts are all Chinese encoded and never show up in Archicad unless I convert them to Arial Unicode MS. Would it not be easier, to just enter i.e. "*" and get them all converted?

Please check the attachment for what I mean.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found an answer myself. Maybe this will be useful to someone else, see attachment.
Learn and get certified!