Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

The Future of Building Information Modelling - Thesis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies if this thread is in the wrong place...

Hi,

I'm currently conducting some research on the future of Building Information Modelling and Documentation. I'm gathering information on peoples experiences with BIM and their specific thoughts on what the future holds. So far i've had quite a few replies from Revit users and was after some broader information, so I appreciate if some people can take them time and fill out the attached PDF form?

Thanks for anyone who is able to devote 30 minutes or so to aiding in the production of this document. I'll send a copy of the final thesis to all those that are interested.

Hmm it appears the file cannot be uploaded as its bigger than 250KB (289KB Compressed...). Please use this link in order to get the form or if you don't want to join the AUGI Forums send a message to me with your email and i'll email the form.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=28893&page=7&pp=10

Thanks again.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
I linked over to the AUGI forum but couldn't find the PDF. Where is it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I linked over to the AUGI forum but couldn't find the PDF. Where is it?
Hi Matthew, did you sign up and login? You need to be a member in order to view the forums (I think). Free to join and you won't get any annoying spam. Once you've joined and have automatic sign in turned on; the link should take you directly to the appropriate thread and the correct page to download the "case study form.pdf"

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Third time's the charm I guess. When I tried before it took me to the topic but not the correct page or location. this time it worked. I've got it now and will send it along when I can get a chance to fill it out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Third time's the charm I guess. When I tried before it took me to the topic but not the correct page or location. this time it worked. I've got it now and will send it along when I can get a chance to fill it out.
Thanks Matthew,

Greatly appreciated. For anyone else that has difficulty the file is located at the top of page 10 of the thread.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I haven't had the desired support that i was after. In fact i've had no ArchiCAD users fill out the form. I'm trying to make the thesis as non-bias as possible. Still only revit users have helped me out.

It would great to have a couple of different perspectives. I'll also be posting my findings on my blog site for all to view along with parts of my thesis for those interested. http://revitrants.blogspot.com/

If you do want to help me out and are having issues with the form please let me know on cprice (at) cadway (dot) com (dot) au. I can email you the form if necessary.

Cheers.

I DO NEED THE STUDIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE NOW AS ITS GETTING TO THAT CRITICAL PERIOD.
Djordje
Ace
Mr wrote:
Unfortunately I haven't had the desired support that i was after. In fact i've had no ArchiCAD users fill out the form.
Did you try posting the PDF here?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mr wrote:
Unfortunately I haven't had the desired support that i was after. In fact i've had no ArchiCAD users fill out the form. I'm trying to make the thesis as non-bias as possible. Still only revit users have helped me out.

It would great to have a couple of different perspectives. I'll also be posting my findings on my blog site for all to view along with parts of my thesis for those interested. http://revitrants.blogspot.com/

If you do want to help me out and are having issues with the form please let me know on cprice (at) cadway (dot) com (dot) au. I can email you the form if necessary.

Cheers.

I DO NEED THE STUDIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE NOW AS ITS GETTING TO THAT CRITICAL PERIOD.
Sorry. I've been swamped this week. I don't recall you mentioning any deadline (in our business it seems that nothing gets done without one). I'll get it out this weekend.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did originally try posting the file here however its 324KB in size and when i tried to post it, i was notified that this is above the limit? Seems a very small limit?

Thanks.
Eduardo Rolon
Chris:
I emailed mine yesterday. Did you receive it?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator