Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

The Future of Building Information Modelling - Thesis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies if this thread is in the wrong place...

Hi,

I'm currently conducting some research on the future of Building Information Modelling and Documentation. I'm gathering information on peoples experiences with BIM and their specific thoughts on what the future holds. So far i've had quite a few replies from Revit users and was after some broader information, so I appreciate if some people can take them time and fill out the attached PDF form?

Thanks for anyone who is able to devote 30 minutes or so to aiding in the production of this document. I'll send a copy of the final thesis to all those that are interested.

Hmm it appears the file cannot be uploaded as its bigger than 250KB (289KB Compressed...). Please use this link in order to get the form or if you don't want to join the AUGI Forums send a message to me with your email and i'll email the form.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=28893&page=7&pp=10

Thanks again.
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes Eduardo I did thanks. I thought i sent a reply email letting you know?

Cheers,
Chris.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I started to fill it out but when I saved the work in progress it became uneditable. This won't work for me as I can't do it in one chunk of time and even if I could I won't work on something that I can't save as I go.

I haven't set up PDF forms myself so I don't know if this is a limitation of the format, something wrong with the settings, or a platform issue (I work primarily on my Mac, but I have this problem in full Acrobat as well as Preview and Reader).

If you have a solution please let me know. BTW what is your deadline?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I started to fill it out but when I saved the work in progress it became uneditable. This won't work for me as I can't do it in one chunk of time and even if I could I won't work on something that I can't save as I go.

I haven't set up PDF forms myself so I don't know if this is a limitation of the format, something wrong with the settings, or a platform issue (I work primarily on my Mac, but I have this problem in full Acrobat as well as Preview and Reader).

If you have a solution please let me know. BTW what is your deadline?
Strange. The form was created in Adobe Acrobat Designer 7.07. So should work fine in Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 and it appears to be Mac users who are having difficulty with the form. If you could save the answers in a word doc and send that to me (if its not too much trouble), I can then import that into the form...

Cheers,
Chris
stefan
Expert
I have succeeded in filling in the form, but it's a shame that Acrobat Reader can only send or print the form and not save the results.
You can export the form as plain text though, if you want to keep a record.

Please give a message here when you have some results to share 😉
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chris,

Do you have a link where I could download the final thesis?

Best Regards,
Luke
Anonymous
Not applicable
lchapman wrote:
Hi Chris,

Do you have a link where I could download the final thesis?

Best Regards,
Luke
Not yet Luke.

Thesis is finished but i haven't had much free time to upload it to my blog site. I'll post when I do.