BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

The mep modeler is as complete as the revit?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i want tto now if the mep modeler of archicad is as complete as the revit?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, to be truthful, I have to say that the MEP capabilities of Revit are much better/greater than that of the MEP Modeler Add-On for ARCHICAD.
Also, Revit developers annually add new capabilities to its MEP tools, while MEP Modeler has not been developed in any significant way in the last several years.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have to agree with Lazslo that the MEP add on is not as complete as that on Revit but ARCHICAD is not marketed as an engineering tool and does not have its roots in engineering. Revit I believe grew out of Pro/Engineer.
Podolsky
Ace
The big plus of ArchiCAD MEP Add-On - that in ArchiCAD it is possible to create your own library written on GDL. It is a complicated task - to program complex MEP objects on GDL, but the result is great. The big minus - MEP Add-On was not developed for many years, GDL variable structure of MEP objects is very strange, default GDL scripts and macros are very heavy. Also during IFC import ArchiCAD replacing straight pipes with ArchiCAD MEP native pipes (that later can be modified), but all bends and other elements - as static objects. It would be great if Graphisoft continues MEP Add-On development and introduce a new version of it. See attached examples, done by me using ArchiCAD MEP Add-On and custom GDL libraries.
Learn and get certified!