BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Thickness of skins for complex profiles in schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

In AC12 I created a complex profile for a wall that consists of 3 skins (basically a core and 2 finish sides). After that I created a simple schedule, in an attempt to list the names of the skins and their thickness. I was a little surprised when I saw that the schedule doesn't automatically list the thickness. Does anyone have any idea about this? Could it be that the schedule recognizes the thickness of skins only for composites (and not for complex profiles)?

Thank you in advance,
Adrian Tudoreanu
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't tried this myself but it may well be. Since the fills in a profile can be any shape, thickness is a special case condition (ie vertical, parallel sides).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Since the fills in a profile can be any shape, thickness is a special case condition (ie vertical, parallel sides).
Thank you Matthew for your quick reply. Do you think there might be some work around to be able to show that thickness (or a thickness defined by user)? Some scripting maybe? There are labels that can recognize skins' thickness for complex profiles (for example "Wall Label 12"), so I am thinking ... maybe there's a way to show that in schedules too.

Thank you again for your support,
Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been a while since I needed to do anything like this but perhaps it could be accomplished with a properties object. The trick, I assume, is that you need something that will read the same value for both composites and profiles.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
It's been a while since I needed to do anything like this but perhaps it could be accomplished with a properties object.
Thank you Matthew for your suggestion. I will do some research on that.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Learn and get certified!