Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Tip: Using View Lists to Redefine Views

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Please dismiss this if it has been mentioned before, but I thought I'd share something I have discovered recently and used succesfully.

In setting up many templates, I am defining and redefining views a lot of the time. This can be somewhat cumbersome in the Organizer, so I have turned to the View List to redefine my views and it works quite well. The best part is being able to see the status of all views in one window. Everything is interactive, so redefining is spot on.

The downfalls are that we can only redefine one view at a time, and there are no available parameters for Zooming, Floor Plan Cut Plane or Source View. Hopefully GS will include these soon!

Still it is pretty handy. Same interactivity can be used with the Sheet Index and Drawing List.

Cheers,
Link.
17 REPLIES 17
Barry Kelly
Link wrote:
In setting up many templates, I am defining and redefining views a lot of the time. This can be somewhat cumbersome in the Organizer, so I have turned to the View List to redefine my views and it works quite well. The best part is being able to see the status of all views in one window. Everything is interactive, so redefining is spot on.
I must be missing something but isn't the View Settings... or Settings... buttons the same in the Organizer and the View Map.
I can see no difference.
Or are you redefining views in some other way?
Link wrote:
The downfalls are that we can only redefine one view at a time, and there are no available parameters for Zooming, Floor Plan Cut Plane or Source View. Hopefully GS will include these soon!
I am selecting multiple views in the View Map and using the Settings... button to change layers, scale & model options all at once.
Or are we not talking about the same thing?

There is limited control over the zooming - none or current.
For controlling the cut plane there is a Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings... button in the view settings dialogue.

Or do you mean something totally different?
It's been a long day

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No it's different. Please take a look at the attachment...

Cheers,
Link.
View-List.jpg
Barry Kelly
Link wrote:
No it's different. Please take a look at the attachment...

Cheers,
Link.
Ah the View List in the Project Indexes.
I thought you meant the View Map sorry.

Just starting with V10 and haven't even looked at this yet.
It does seem a little limited at the moment - hopefully it will improve.
It needs to have more settings and be customizable like the Drawing Organizer (not the drawing list) so that columns can be turned on or off as needed.

Its great that you can see all views at once - just a shame you can't do much with them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
TomWaltz
Participant
Link wrote:
Please dismiss this if it has been mentioned before, but I thought I'd share something I have discovered recently and used succesfully.
Link

I think it's been too long since I've said this:
You're f-ing brilliant sometimes, you know that?
Tom Waltz
owen
Newcomer
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
__archiben
Booster
Link wrote:
Still it is pretty handy. Same interactivity can be used with the Sheet Index and Drawing List.
congratulations mr lateral thinker! that'll be a another GS mug heading your way soon with a bit of luck . . .

ben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well I am glad you guys liked it.

If I got another mug from GS I think I would take it back, fill it up with Palinka and bribe the programmers to include the missing functions so the last 20% worked too!

Cheers,
Link.
owen
Newcomer
... he's on fire today
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin