Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Totalling areas by "Room number 1" (Beginner question)

Sam Karli
Enthusiast
Hi,
I want to make a simple room list table for an appartment house with more than one flat per storey. The goal is:
-To total areas by flat
-To add half of the terraces' and balconys' areas to those of flats and total this
-And to total flat and common space areas by sotrey

The rooms have a number of a letter and a number (F.01.), and if I print them in the table, Room number 1 ("Helység szám 1") and 2 are correct, they are "F" and "01", respectively.

But if I want to sum all the "F" rooms, there is a sum under every single room. If I do the same with room names, it does the normal result, suming room areas of rooms with different names (though this is not too meaningfull, just for checking), but if I sum by Pavement (aded by me in the room title GDL), again, every room has a sum line.

Any idea? Is it a bug?

Otherwise, how does a pro do this? A category for every flat? How to calculate the half area of a terrace? In the GDL room title, a separate variable?
GDL/Python/C++ dev
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting question. Recently I discovered a new feature and I want to share it with you.

SIMPLE:
The letter F needs to be a seperate parameter. I have used the Name parameter. Than you can sort the schedule on this name by displaying the flag at this parameter in the schedule fields.

I have attached a simple xml file which you can import in your scheme settings.

EXTRA:
Then I took it a step further and developed a small object. This object has 3 parameter which variable names are exactly the variable which exist in the zone-object. The object can be used to place on your terrace. It holds the same letter as the corresponding zone. In the parameter Room Area you will insert the area manually.

Setup the schedule-criteria in which it will show all zones and 'terrace-objects'.
In the field add with 'additional parameters' the parameter of the 'terrace object'. Sort it by name and sum it by area.

I will attach the object, xml and images. (AC13)
Sam Karli
Enthusiast
Wow. You Somehow did it

I start to try it now, many thanks.
GDL/Python/C++ dev
Sam Karli
Enthusiast
I haven't found any .xml -importing options, I'm afraid that ArchiCAD SE 2010 has an older schedule engine, I have only simple txt files.

GDL/Python/C++ dev
Sam Karli
Enthusiast
This is a schedule scheme txt file of me.
GDL/Python/C++ dev
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Sam,

you are looking in the wrong direction. The textfile is from lists, not schedules! Look here in the navigator/projectmap:

Right click to open the Scheme Settings and reveal the import-export functionality.

HTH
Sam Karli
Enthusiast
Wow, I am always a beginner

But the schedule seems also good, I'll try it.

Thanks
GDL/Python/C++ dev
Sam Karli
Enthusiast
Some more questions:

-What's the difference between the lists and the schedules? (Now I make a list using schedule) The usual over-complication of the ArchiCAD?
What does an expert use the lists for? (The room list is a list, and I used a schedule.)

-I used a area code parameter to sum the room areas, but it must be shown to use it. Is it possible to get rid of it? (On a layout, not by zoom it out of shown window)
GDL/Python/C++ dev