Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Transfer settings for sample and inject

gdford
Advisor
A-25
FYI
For Slabs, Morphs, Beams and Mesh elements
- with all transfers settings turned off
- these elements when injected will match the elevation of the sampled element
Walls, Columns, and Library Parts do not behave this way.

However with all transfer setting turned off
- beams and columns will match the type, size, profile
- walls, slabs, and roofs will match the composite and profile or thickness if set to basic

With all the transfer settings turned off
- Library Parts do not change at all
- if you sample a toilet and inject into millwork the millwork does not change into toilet

I assume the Transfer Settings are a work in progress, but as it currently functions it is impossible to transfer classifications and properties between elements without messing up the element receiving the transfer? Is there another way to transfer classifications and properties between modeled elements without resorting to using a schedule?
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
gdford wrote:
I assume the Transfer Settings are a work in progress, but as it currently functions it is impossible to transfer classifications and properties between elements without messing up the element receiving the transfer?

I am not sure they are a work in progress as they have been like this for some time.
I do not understand why the "All Other Settings" can not be turned off for all elements.
Particularly just the size an height can be turned off for windows and objects but not beams columns, walls, and slabs (plus some others).

Yes it would be nice to be able to transfer just the "Classifications and Custom Properties", especially as they have their own group in the transfer settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
gdford wrote:
With all the transfer settings turned off
- Library Parts do not change at all
- if you sample a toilet and inject it into millwork the millwork does not change into a toilet.

I assume you are familiar with the idea of GDL Subtypes. There are many Library Parts (Archicad elements created using GDL). However, different Library Parts like Doors, Windows, Cabinets, Toilets, and so on and so on, are based on different GDL Subtypes. I believe parameter Transfer works only if the source and target of the parameter transfer belong to the same GDL Subtype. A Toilet and a Millwork (Cabinet) are not based on the same Subtype so you will not see a Millwork change into a Toilet after parameter injection.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
gdford
Advisor
most likely
thanks
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000