BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Transfer to SketchUp ERROR - character problem ? urgent plz

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi i am trying to save file to sketchup or to lumion directly
but sketchup file size is just 0 kb and for lumion there is an error " Make sure there files do not use non ascii characters "

When i open my archicad file these report is shown :

Z buffer: 24 bits
Per Pixel Lighting: ON, 4.40 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Stencil buffer: 8 bits

I don t know where is the problem it very urgent for me,i need to do renders with lumion.

Please reply faster

P.s. when i open a new archicad file I can transfer it to lumion without problems .

I am using ARCHICAD 17 - Hotfix 5005
3 REPLIES 3
schagemann
Enthusiast
First off a proper signature would help.

Secondly are you sure you are not using any special character, that your language might be using in the file name or file path… maybe save to desktop as 'Untitled'

Do you have any other special text inside your ArchiCAD file, e.g. 3d text or labels?
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
As a general rule, I have found CONVERTING to MORPHS prior to exporting solves a multitude of translation issues.. (this does NOT apply to ARTLANTIS)

a. Finish your ArchiCAD Model..
b. In 3d window SELECT ALL / Convert to Morph
c. Export to whatever filetype
**** IMPORTANT *****
d. Undo to get your model back to archicad native
**** USE CAUTION *******
e. Elements that have associative dimensions may or may not get those dims back upon redo... I STRENUOUSLY SUGGEST that you actually SAVE YOUR MODEL just before attempting this and once done close without saving...

Anyway... seems the MORPHS have a better translation conduit than other elements.

NOTE: depending on files size and complexity, your model may take upwards of 30min to convert. Be judicious about what you NEED in your model.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,thank you for you replies.

I fixed my problem,i changed names of new surfaces that i added on Archicad and those were with characters like & , ' , " etc.Now it works also for import to lumion3d ,it didnt work before.
Learn and get certified!