Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Translator - AC20 - I keep asking?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I keep asking this question and no one has ever responded.

Do any of you gurus have a "good" DWG translator?
One that can go to a sheet (layout) and create a DWG of what it's seeing on the layout only.

Crop the underlying viewmap to only what is visible on the sheet as well as put walls, doors, windows in appropriate layers and translate the entire DWG in one file?

thanks,
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
2 REPLIES 2
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
I think we all have the same DWG translator, just with different options set. All the things you need are right there... in the translator settings.
For example, the option to "crop the underlying viewmap to only what it is visible on the sheet" is set in the save options of your DWG translator settings->save layout to-> paper space with cropped view's contents.
The options to save a a single drawing is save options-> place drawings into-> single DXF/DWG file.
Doors & Windows layers are set in the Attributes->Layers->Methods area of the Translation Setup.

All these are explained in detail in the ~25 pages of the help PDF file. Look for DXF/DWG Translation Setup. It would also be handy to read "Saving DXF/DWG files" in Interoperability, also in help PDF.

Anyone can give you a translator with these options, but it might cause havoc in your export if options are not set as you need them, and you'll end up blaming the file you got. It is better to take 1 hour to read and understand these settings once, and you can output whatever you need.

Best regards.
rob2218
Enthusiast
Agreed. You are right
thanks for the location of the information.
sinceV6 wrote:
Hi.
I think we all have the same DWG translator, just with different options set. All the things you need are right there... in the translator settings.
For example, the option to "crop the underlying viewmap to only what it is visible on the sheet" is set in the save options of your DWG translator settings->save layout to-> paper space with cropped view's contents.
The options to save a a single drawing is save options-> place drawings into-> single DXF/DWG file.
Doors & Windows layers are set in the Attributes->Layers->Methods area of the Translation Setup.

All these are explained in detail in the ~25 pages of the help PDF file. Look for DXF/DWG Translation Setup. It would also be handy to read "Saving DXF/DWG files" in Interoperability, also in help PDF.

Anyone can give you a translator with these options, but it might cause havoc in your export if options are not set as you need them, and you'll end up blaming the file you got. It is better to take 1 hour to read and understand these settings once, and you can output whatever you need.

Best regards.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS