Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Trying to find South East Region Commerical Engineers

Eric Milberger
Advocate

I have to finally make a decision.

I love Archicad.  Used Bentley for 35 years and Aecosim/Triformq when they came out.

Archicad is AWESOME/  BUT

I can only find commercial engineers too far away for one-on-one conversations

Plus some of my national projects require existing Engineers.

And in every case they are Revit.  I can't afford to spend half by budget on coordination between two platforms and the majority of my work causes me to use engineers that don't want to bother with another format.

My only first hand experience is with AECOSim which never completed what they said they could do.  So a lot of fears here.

And i have already lost a job because the Engineer bringing me the project wants this other package for all work.  And I can't convince him IFC works because it breaks his flow.

And I have two large projects coming on where my PEW is Revit - I want to be AECOSim and my Structural and someone who can bring me work locally is Revit.  i am not ready to give up on Archicad as Revit is Not customer friendly.  They don't even answer your phones and 3 new license purchases are not enough from them to return a call.

Graphisoft monitors their Community over the weekend.  Autocad wont talk with you unless you reach some threshold.

Anyone out there in the SEast?

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You could also try the Graphisoft Job Board if you do not get an answer here:

https://graphisoft.com/job-board

Also, it may be a good idea to contact your local reseller, they may be able to refer you to Archicad-using engineers in your area.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eric Milberger
Advocate

I just posted.   

I did try sales but they could not give out names without approval.  I am afraid the people I am looking for don't have time to look at Buliten Boards. 

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!