Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Type mapping in pre AC20?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
I've got curtain walls in AC19 where I'd like to change the profiles and frames from IfcMember & Ifc Plate to IfcCeiling. Is it possible or is it only from AC20?
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, that is correct. Element Classification for Curtain Wall sub-elements is available only in AC20 and later. In prior versions you could change the Element Classification (and thus the IFC Object Type it was categorized into) only for the whole Curtain Wall, but not its sub-elements.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
LaszloNagy wrote:
Yes, that is correct. Element Classification for Curtain Wall sub-elements is available only in AC20 and later. In prior versions you could change the Element Classification (and thus the IFC Object Type it was categorized into) only for the whole Curtain Wall, but not its sub-elements.
Myth confirmed 😉
Thus...I save out only my 880 ceilings for an AC21 treatment and the bilder gets one more IFC-file to handle .
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.