Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

UPGRADE FAIL - BIM Manager and Server are now 2 different builds

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I attempted to install 24 and it was an Epic fail. it screwed up my connections to 20 & 22. After uninstalling I was able to get 20 to work again but 22 is now running 2 different builds. The manager has the latest server build but the bim server has the older build. They are no longer talking and I cannot access any of my 22 projects. I have tried repairing both, many times. Any thoughts? I would love to get this back up by Monday as we have a deadline in two weeks. I am trying to avoid removing the server and relinking. I had my IT guy do it once but that was beyond my skillset.
4 REPLIES 4
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hello,

What happens if you try restart the whole server computer? Does this solve the issue?

Also, what are the specs of your server computer? (OS, CPU, RAM, VM or not?)

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI Noémi,

please see the server specs below it has 1.5TB of storage. We restarted several times with no effect. we have repaired numerous times with no effect. After thinking about it harder. I wonder if we can uninstall the server module and then reinstall if that will work and I won't have to relink the files? From the previous images it is clear we can see the files but the 2 builds just won't speak to each other.
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
These two versions should be compatible, so I think that something else happened with Server here.

Might worth a check:
1. Port numbers - are all of the installed components have a different port number? If no, make sure all of them have a different number.
2. BIMcloud only features - do you have any BIMcloud only feature turned on? Full Backup or External Storage for Snapshots. If yes, please turn them off.

If none of these help, I suggest you to contact your local support on Monday. They will need your BIMcloud logs. Please collect everything what is mentioned here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/43351/

About the deadline: I don't recommend to do this - when you uninstall BIMcloud Server, it deletes all connecting data, including projects and libraries. There are possible ways to get out of it, but I do not recommend to do this without a technical support engineer or developer from GRAPHISOFT HQ.

Instead, I suggest you to install another BIMcloud Basic, locked to Archicad 22, and restore here the most important projects from Snapshots.
1. Check in your current BIMcloud Manager that what is the ID of your projects, which you need to finish your deadlines.

When you select a project from the Project root, in the URL you will see something like this:
https:// demobimcloud.graphisoft.com/#module:project-manager&id:4FFD4E66-63D0-429C-8A06-8E9836E3E9D0

Project ID will be those characters I highlighted bold.

2. Once you have the ID, go to your Projects folder in Windows File Explorer (If you are not sure where it is, you can start the BIMcloud Server Configurator to get the proper path.) and navigate to the folder with the same name as the ID you got in the first step.

3. Inside this folder you will find another folder, called Archive.

4. Here you will find all of your existing Snapshots. Copy the latest one.

5. Install new BIMcloud Basic, lock it for Archicad 22.

6. Rename the .archive from step 4. to .BIMProject22.

7. Import to the temporary BIMcloud Basic.

If you believe that your Snapshot would miss too many info, then I suggest to open the project from Archicad (you should be able to access it offline if you didn't leave it) and save it as a .pln. When it is done, you can re-share it to your temporary BIMcloud.

I hope this way you can manage your deadline.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,
We already tried the earlier suggestions so we will have to wait until Monday.