BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Unique Door/window marker ID to module

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I usually give unique ID to each door/window such as D1001, D1002.. for door on level 1 and D2001,D2002...for door on level 2. I usually use the "element ID manager" to assign unique ID to all the doors and turn on the door marker to show the ID on the floor plan. It works ok to me for a small project.

But now I am working on a multi levels project which I have to use module to do all the typical units. Cause I can't change the door/window ID within the hotlinked module, I can't give an unique ID to the same door on different levels. For example the D1001 door will repeat on every single module.

Is there any way work around?

Thanks

PS. I am using AC18 Int on Mac
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Read about the Master ID field for Hotlinked Modules:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/dia...

Help states it will modify the ID of every element within the Hotlinked Module by acting as a Prefix within their IDs.
So the Master ID can be "D1" or "D2" and that would result in different IDs for Doors/Window.
I have not tried this but I reckon this is how it should work.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Francois_MCD
Expert
Hi Laszlo
How do I edit the Master ID of an already placed Hotlink Module?
Thanks
Francois
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
1. Make sure the Suspend Groups toggle is set to OFF.
2. Select the placed Hotlinked Module instance or instances (you can change the settings of multiple placed Hotlinked Modules in one step).
3. Right-click and select Hotlinked Module Settings from the context menu.
4. Modify the Master ID field.
5. Click OK to accept changes.
davidstonearchicad21
Contributor
Is there a way of naming modules in the host file with the element ID manager?

The entire set up of the ID manager (the order of selection and the counter with custom text before or after) would be perfect for naming hotlink modules in the host file.

We have some 200 unit modules in the host file and with most of the doors and windows being within the modules, for us, the work of the element ID manager is expanding from just elements, like doors and windows, to entire modules. Needless to say naming all the modules one by one by selecting & right clicking etc. is pretty tedious.
AC24

2 x Xeon E5-2667 v2 (16c/32t @ 3.3-4.0 GHz)

64Gb RAM(ECC) Quad channel 1333Ghz (next upgrade 1866Ghz)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb

500Gb 840PRO SSD, 3 TB HDD (next upgrade PCIe NVMe SSD)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think it is possible to do. It works only for the Element IDs of Elements and not for the Master ID of Hotlinked Modules.
If you think this is important or useful, please create a Wish for it.
Learn and get certified!