Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Unwanted "dashed" line around imported external content

rm
Expert
I have two separate AC 22 files where I am creating Master Templates for the layout book. I am importing a png file that has my signature for my architects seal. However, in one AC 22 file, the signature is imported in with no perimeter frame showing....this is how I want it, see attached image.

In my new AC 22 master template I am creating, for some reason any external image I import into AC has a dashed frame around it. I have looked everywhere I can think of to see if some setting is causing this. But I cannot get the frame to not appear. I have printed samples and the frame itself does not print, which is good. Does anyone know why the frame appears in one file but not the other....I would like to turn it off if that is possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Robert:

Try this: Drawing Settings > Frame > Fit Frame to Drawing. (The icon next to the "Manually resize frame" option option has a dashed line.)

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eduardo Rolon
and it will not print. It shows you were the image boundaries are.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
Hi Rob,
As I think you have discovered in another post, the frame is just an on screen option and will not print as Eduardo mentioned.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=286477#p286477

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rm
Expert
@ David Maudlin
@ Eduardo Rolon
@ Barry Kelly

Thank you all for taking time to reply! I appreciate it.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26