BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Using Publisher

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I have started using publisher to create DWG files to send to other people and have some questions. First, is DWG the best format to use when sending to an AutoCAD user? Next, before I got the new Intel System and AC13 I could just save a layout as a DWG, and I did not have to save all the XREF Autocad views, it just did it automatically. Lastly, do I have to republish each time changes are made, or does AC13 automatically update? All answers would be helpful. Thank you.

Also, is there a good tutorial out there for Publisher?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jeff,

Yes .DWG is good as its the native format for AutoCAD. Just be aware that in the publisher options for the .dwg files you can set the translator to export to various versions of .dwg. So if you are sending the dwg files to someone on an older version you may need to change a setting in the translator.

In terms of xrefs, can you explain a little bit further how you are working. Are you currently xrefing dwg files into your .PLN file?
Learn and get certified!