Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Using Window Elevation For Sash Type/Configuration

Chris Grantham
Advocate
I have been trying to use a window schedule that shows window elevations to illustrate my sash configuration which I then reference in the main window schedule. Since there are multiple windows with the same configuration (although not necessarily the same size) I only need the window elevation to show up once. I have got that up and working and for a bit it seemed like a great solution as I did not need to draw the actual elevations on a work sheet and any annotation could be added directly in the schedule.

Now, remember how i said the windows with same sash config/type are not necessarily the same size over several instances? Well ArchiCAD seems to magically decide which window it is going to use and changes often for no apparent reason. This results in all my annotation no longer showing correctly. Does anyone have any thought on how to keep this static? Its making me batty trying to keep up!
Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 10.23.11 AM.png
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have seen this happen since the first days of Annotations in Schedules. ARCHICAD seems to pick randomly which instance it uses for the Front View (or any other View for that matter).
Unfortunately I don't see any way of specifying which element instance it should use. This should be the topic of a wish, if you care to create one.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27