Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Vanishing Views in paper space

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,

I exporting some layouts to DWGs, and saving them either as a single DWG or a bunch of Xrefs linked to the DWG.

Here's the problem:

Several of the drawings, both Sections and Details in Archicad, get lost in translation. They end up as empty viewports in Autocad.

Additionally, on one of the machines in the office, after publishing or saving the DWG, the drawings missing in the DWG, are suddenly empty in Archicad too. My machine saves the DWG missing the drawing, but does not erase it in Archicad.

Any thoughts?

-Nathan in New York
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Nathan wrote:
-Nathan in New York
... using which Archicad on which OS and which computer?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Using AC 10 USA, build 1010 on windows XP.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oops.

Computers

Both XP professional, Version 2002, Service pack 2.
Computer 1: Dell box w/ Intel Pentium 4,Fujitsu Map3367NP SCSI Drive
3.2 GHz, 1 GB Ram

Computer 2: Intel (R) Pentium (R) D CPU 3.21 GHZ, 3.12 GB Ram

Interestingly, the same project Lib. loads very fast on computer 1, and very slow on computer 2. Same network connection.

Is this a safety settings issue?

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nathan,

I would try 2 different things to troubleshoot:

1. Redefine the format (DWG) & options (Translator) one at a time for each of the problematic sheets. In each instance, select on option different that your perfered option and then reselect your perfered option and apply.

This may seem a little paranoid, but it has corrected the problem for us where a translator didn't apply to only one layout of many

2. Check your layer/layer combinations. depending on your translators/layer strategies of placed drawings & layout space, the possibilities are endless. Take a look at the layers of placed drawings on one sheet vs a sheet that publishes properly.

Good luck,
Phil