Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Vertex BD Pro 2017

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good afternoon
Are there any current Vertex Users on board here. I am brand new to this software, forum and community. I have been using Revit since 2009 and am trying not to compare vertex to another software but man am I not liking it.

It seems very overbearing as an Architectural design tool.
The customization seems to be mostly writing code. That is frustrating.
I do like the options platform but not how long the upfront design takes to complete.
I would have thought by 2017 the rendering engine would have been on par with industry standards.
Anyways appreciate any feed back on this software. Nice to be here.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
has anyone used this application in vertex. My apologies if I am posting Vertex questions in the wrong thread.
I am looking to have Vertex become a multi users tool and this appears to do the trick. However understanding the terminology the use is really hard. Klingon on in a Star Wars world. Ok terrible reference but you get my meaning.

Townhouse Application

A flat is a project whose drawing-model pair can be referred to from an active project. The drawing-model pair of a flat project can be added to the active project as a reference drawing-model pair. You cannot edit the flat project in the project to which you added it, but you need to open it for editing using a separate function. For example, flats can be used for planning terraced houses or blocks of flats by using a separate project for each flat in a terraced house or each floor in a block of flats.
Barry Kelly
I have merged your two topics about Vertex.

If you want to discuss how Vertex interacts with Archicad then this is fine.
If you just want to discuss Vertex then I suggest you visit a Vertex forum for answers there as this is an Archicad forum.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11