Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Very Slow Send/Receive

Anonymous
Not applicable
When we first started sharing the project (3 of us) it would take about 5-15 seconds to send/receive. Now all of the sudden it takes 3 plus minutes of wheel spinning! Could this be a glitch or a setting that I accidentally changed? The status bar shows complete then goes away, then I'm left watching the spinning wheel for 3 more minutes. It's very frustrating and slow, anyone know a fix?

Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are experiencing the same problem. The only difference is that 2 out of the 4 team members are experiencing the extremely slow send and receive times. Two users are fine. They all appear to be set-up identically and have identical Mac computers. If you find the answer please let me know.

Brian
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, We are kinda getting the same results. Only 1 of us (Me) has the long S/R time.

We are all using iMacs 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2GB SDRAM (minimum). Two of the identical machines are acting differently time wise.
Karl Ottenstein
There is no way to answer this question if you don't say what version of AC / etc you are using! I find it hard to believe that what you are experiencing is in AC 13 with TW2, so you must be in an earlier version?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oops, sorry, I forgot that part.

We are using AC 13 w/ TW2.

OS 10.5.8
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are using AC13 with TW2 on Mac Intels running 10.5. About to change to 10.6.
Karl Ottenstein
Are all users in each of your situations in the office on the LAN?

Is everyone in the same subnet? And, perhaps everyone plugged into the same switch? Do the affected users have any other network problems - have you tested transferring a really large file (some 100's of MB) to each workstation to verify that each has the same speed connection to the machine that is hosting the BIM Server?

Thanks,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

To respond for Brian, all of our users are on the LAN, same subnet and same switch. We have seen no other network issues with any of our users, and have verified the speed to each.

We actually have 4 users on the project, including myself(admin) with the BIM Server running on my machine, but will soon be moving this to the server (now that we have received 10.6 Server). 3 of the 4 users, including myself, are having speed issues with receiving. Archicad seems to send quickly and the "Processing Progress" window completes and disappears within 30 seconds, but then we get the pinwheel for up to 3-4 minutes before we can start working in the project again.

Hope this helps in some way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

I'm getting the same results as Brian. Send/receive is fast, about 10 seconds, then 3-4 min. of spinning wheel.

No other problematic issues with speed for any of the computers on our network, just this Archicad issue.

Could the speed have anything to do with loading libraries? I tried "reload project from server" feature and that changed nothing. In the library report it shows 6,500 duplicates but so does a coworkers computer and he has no issues with send/receive.

FYI- I did make sure Airport is turned off, I'm working on a gigabit network.
Karl Ottenstein
OK, now I understand. I saw a lot of the spinning beach ball after the S/R appeared to have completed during testing, too. I thought that GS was addressing whatever was causing it.

At first I thought that AC was busy computing how to merge the new information it received, but Activity Monitor showed no activity. That made me suspect that there was some kind of 'handshaking' going on with AC waiting for something.

If this is what you see - network activity followed by CPU mostly idle during the beachball period - then definitely contact tech support. They'll probably need a 'support package' generated right after you regain control - as it will contain the log files that indicate what was going on...

Bummed to hear about your experiences.

Karl