Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Very Slow Send/Receive

Anonymous
Not applicable
When we first started sharing the project (3 of us) it would take about 5-15 seconds to send/receive. Now all of the sudden it takes 3 plus minutes of wheel spinning! Could this be a glitch or a setting that I accidentally changed? The status bar shows complete then goes away, then I'm left watching the spinning wheel for 3 more minutes. It's very frustrating and slow, anyone know a fix?

Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21
Erika Epstein
Booster
What happens when you get rid of the duplicates?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
No duplicates in our file, I will contact tech support.

Thanks Karl.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help Karl.

I will contact tech support and post what happens back here, to help others that may have this issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
What happens when you get rid of the duplicates?
I haven't resolved the duplicate issue yet, but the other users have the same duplicates and they don't have the spinning wheel long wait time.
Dennis Lee
Booster
One thing you can try:

1. Make note of EXACT bim server name from the bim server. "bimserver.xxx.xxx".

2. Make sure when you first browse for teamwork project, first identify yourself to the correct bimserver. If the exact name doesn't come up automatically, ADD the bimserver name exactly as in #1. Then put in your id and password. Make sure you don't identify yourself to other names like "computer name" or "bimserver.xxx.xxx (computer name)" that pops up automatically.

3. After identifying yourself to the correct named server, browse for projects using the same method, from the correct named server. Don't open projects under server names such as "computer name" or "bimserver.xxx.xxx (computer name)".

4. After opening the project, make sure that all the bim server libraries loaded to the project are from the correct named bim server. From the manage bim server libraries dialog, I believe only the first few words of the server name will be visible next to the name of the library. If they are showing for example "Project Library computer" or something like that, get rid of all the libraries from the wrong named server and reload the libraries to the correct named bim server.

For some reason, the name that you type in when you configure the bim server doesn't show up by default when identifying, browsing, adding library. I believe having a consistent EXACT bim server name for all phases of the signin process is crucial. Otherwise, even though maybe they are referring to the same folder on the computer, it slows things down a lot.

Just my 2 cents after long couple of nights wrestling w/ the BS (bim server of course).

It might be worth a try.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dennis, I'll give that a shot and post what happens.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have been having the same problem with AC13. Some machines work fine with others having S?R times of over 13 minutes. TS has not been of help yet.

We have tried a brand new quad core machine and no improvement. The slow machines have a long period of cpu inactivity, a short spike, and then another long period of nothing. We have sent support packages to GS and we are now sending them a PLN.

Had our network checked and we are all on gigabit with a brand new quad core x-serve. It is definitely not the hardware as one of the oldest machines is the fastest.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Update:
I received a response from Graphisoft. This is what they told me:
The slowness appears to be due to message handling. You can try this as a worker round this somewhat by deleting request and the like from your messages and completed task areas.

Best Regards,

Sean Fennelly
Help Desk Agent, GRAPHISOFT
I've been working on solo projects recently so I haven't been able to test their suggestion.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did all this occur with the latest build of archicad? If it has, I would try this and see if there is a decrease in the "handshaking" afterwards. Use the IP address of the BIM Server instead of the name. This has cured our inability to see the Libraries in the new version with the added benefit of seeming a little bit snappier. Let us know if that helps.

*edit.... just noticed you were on build 3000. I would still try the IP address and see if it helps.
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
We have just the opposite experience as Marlon, i.e. I switched to using the name of the BIM Server not the IP. This after having some suddenly abnormal S/R delays and libary problems. (I can't remember why I started with the IP in the first place except that maybe the generate link function automatically set it that way.)

In our case the slowdown was no doubt the result of having DHCP generated IP addresses. The IP eventually changed and things went south. Changing to name based linking, and relinking the libraries as well, fixed things. Since we are accessing the BIM Server only over the LAN this arrangement works fine.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x