BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Viewport and Labels Outline in Autocad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

When exporting to DWG and opening in AutoCAD, viewports and labels appeared outlined.

Is there any configuration that can avoid this that I'm missing.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
In translator try Custom Functions > Save Extras > ArchiCAD labels to leaders > Convert Labels to Leaders

My labels (without outlines) do no appear with outlines.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
In translator try Custom Functions > Save Extras > ArchiCAD labels to leaders > Convert Labels to Leaders

My labels (without outlines) do no appear with outlines.
That worked for label outlines, but not for viewport outlines....also label get screwed...the line mirrors itself leaving text unconnected to the label...any ideas

Thnaks
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
To be honest, I ship off the DWGs with a PDF for printing purposes. The DWG is just there to communicate the vectors/linework to the 3rd parties stuck in the 2D CAD stoneage I do not worry too much about the text alligning, size, etc

I don't have lines around viewports (that I'm aware of), but I pretty much stick to the out-of-the-box translator shipped with the Dutch template. It's been set up to comply with standards for pen-sets, linetypes and such, so most 2D CAD offices having to work with it, should be familiar with the set up.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!