Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

WIndow Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

My question may be a bit basic but I cannot find any answer online. I work in AC20 and I am making a window schedule. I want to add the material of the frame but I cannot find this option. I am sure there is something as I have seen it in other projects of the office.

When I go to Scheme Settings--> Add fields I have no option for materials on construction elements like winodws..

Any idea?
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Window materials are controlled by the object parameters, so you can not just add one of the standard fields.
Try clicking in the little black arrow next to add fields and you should see an option for 'Parameters'.
Click this and then browse though to your window object and select the material parameter.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Barry, I have already tried this but I cannot find what I need which is a parameter that gets the information from the specified frame material... Maybe I am missing some thing? For now I put it as custom text.

I have another query. I want to show the depth of the reveal of the windows on the schedule but the only option is the dimension of reveal which is not what I need. Any idea if there is this option?
Barry Kelly
Eleni wrote:
Thank you Barry, I have already tried this but I cannot find what I need which is a parameter that gets the information from the specified frame material... Maybe I am missing some thing? For now I put it as custom text.

I don't know which window you are using or which parameter you need.
You just need to choose the 'Library Part Parameters' option and then browse for your window object and then find the same parameter that you use to set the frame material in the object.

Eleni wrote:
I have another query. I want to show the depth of the reveal of the windows on the schedule but the only option is the dimension of reveal which is not what I need. Any idea if there is this option?

For the reveal depth to wall face use the same method to find the parameter 'gs_wido_sill'.

I have no idea why there is no standard field for 'Reveal depth' like there is for 'Reveal dimensions'.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much! I did not know this route of adding parameters at all, so I am grateful