BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

WOW So many issues with Teamwork.......

Anonymous
Not applicable
Library issues, and time lags, I am beginning to think that teamwork isn't worth it...... I tried the "travelpack" "feature," last night. Wow, if by feature they meant a great way to spend a couple of hours, then yes by all means use it! Doing a send and receive after a travel pack import has taken an hour and a half, and I aborted it after the halfway through point. Either the beta-testers or graphisoft has really dropped the ball on this one. TEAMWORK / BIM SERVER was not ready for prime time......In fact I really miss the old teamwork. It really did work!
3 REPLIES 3
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Shae,

I agree with your comments, but not your conclusion....

We need the instants RELEASE / ACQUIRE of TW2 without the problems...

There also doesn't seem to be an easy way to keep up with the libraries... Somehow, I've had an issue with UPDATING LIBRARIES... things seem to show up fine (except one object, created specific for the project and embedded into the file)... but EVERY STINKING S/R leads to a LIBRARY CHECK (and FAIL).. which IGNORE solves, but and extra 5-10 min EVERY TIME......

Ugh.

Can GS please build LOCAL VERSIONS of the LIBRARIES and have a separate SYNKing function for those? As promising as the EMBEDDED objects sounded, I don't like it all... Especially when wanting to use that Object in other project. Workflow here stinks...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not had so much the library issues, as I made our company library a container, and have had success, it is the times that kill me. Opening a file, sending and receiving, travel packs, it is enough to drive you nuts, especially on a deadline....Not sure of an answer, as I am not a programmer. I wonder if Archicad should embed the release library and let you add what you want. The whole networking issue needs to be resolved. For example, after the travel pack, it found my network, but couldn't get connected, but when I opened the connections tab I went to our ip address, and it worked fine but not the server name. Shouldn't we be able to select that network that works and get to the project. Some sort of relative path or something. Not sure.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The money I spent on crappy release 14 would have been better spent on
Objective. I'll keep this on mind for the next release.....

Still on 12
13 in the box
14 in the box and afraid to use it.....
Learn and get certified!