Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Wall Accessories and Framing Tool in Goodies Suite / Tutorials / Instruction

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there - I was wondering if anyone knows of a tutorial or post on how to use the 'Wall Accessories' tool to create the framing for walls? I downloaded and installed the "Goodies Suite" and from there I now see the wall framing tool under Design/Design Extras/Accessories/Wall Accessories. I just don't have any idea how to use it...can anyone point me in right direction for a tutorial or some instruction for this tool? UltimatelyI am trying to calculate how much wall framing will be required on a very small project. Thanks so much!
5 REPLIES 5
Not sure which version you're using, but in AC22, you can go to Help>PDF Guides>Accessories.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
poco2013
Mentor
FYI

Wall accessories for framing still use the old ver. 21 GDL object which contains some known bugs. So may or may not work. Its use is fairly simple though, just select the walls and follow the prompts.

Archicad's GDL object just creates components which can be modified if you are familiar with GDL programming. IOW --This is a archaic feature which is not support by TS so your pretty much on your own -- But still doable? Just 'bone' up on property objects and components. Ask if you get struck?

To get a lumber list, you must use the old List schedules under Lists - Components. May or may not be what you want. I believe the OOB GDL uses metric but you can change that. The component schedule supplied can not be modified on line but you can create a new one if you are familiar with components.You should review the Calculation PDF Guide under Documentation which will walk you through a example. There are some videos on Youtube which summarize this but do not go into detail.

Hopefully some future version will make this available for expressions and the interactive schedules?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Barry Kelly
poco2013 wrote:
Hopefully some future version will make this available for expressions and the interactive schedules?
You mean like version 22?
It has expressions in properties, and these properties can be scheduled.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
poco2013
Mentor
Barry wrote:
You mean like version 22?
It has expressions in properties, and these properties can be scheduled.

Barry.
AFAIK - Wall framing in Archicad is a object (ver 21 still) and the wall studs are just a sub-object of the wall framing object. Those studs are not exposed as properties so there is no stud property to schedule. Also if there was, expressions only operate on properties associated with one object. Trying to determine or operate on what might be a studs and what might be a header/base would be problematic

Presently Archicad addresses this by creating components for the studs through the GDL object which can then be handled by the List Schedules. Expressions can not handle components or property objects.

That is my understanding -- Obviously I am missing something -- Can you expand on you comments? i was implying that expressions need be expanded to include a script language with search capability like Ruby or Python in Vectorworks or Sketchup?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Barry Kelly
I guess I was just replying to your request for expressions in interactive schedule - which we now have in version 22.
Any object or element representing a stud could have a property attached and an expression can be attached to that property to calculate just what you need - i.e. stud lengths in 300mm/12" increments.

I am not too familiar with the wall stud accessory, except for the fact that it is there.
If it does not give individual stud lengths, then that may be a problem.

Theoretically with expressions in properties, we can calculate the studs in a simple wall without adding any accessories or even modelling the individual studs.
Wall length divided by spacing plus one would give the number of studs.
Where this would fall down is how to allow for openings, double studs in corners or user added studs just because you want one there.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11