BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Wall Location Relative to Project North

jrmrt
Booster
Hello everyone

I was wondering if there was a way for us to tie the location of a wall relative to the project North. What I mean is that I would like that a wall that faces East based off of the Project North would know that it was facing that way. Essentially, I am making a schedule of these walls, and want to know from the schedule which way they are facing automatically after setting the Project North.

Thank you!!
1 REPLY 1
DGSketcher
Legend
It can't be done automatically at present. I think there may be a wish for it somewhere on this forum to assist with energy performance calculations. For scheduling my work around was to add a letter marker to the wall ID so you can filter the walls in the selection fields of the schedule. That was a couple of releases ago, these days I may be more inclined to create a custom field with the orientation. I guess it depends how many walls you need to tag whether this works for you. You could use a Graphic Override to check the walls are tagged correctly.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!