BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Wall components schedule - does it take into account the wall closure type?

hello again,

I am scheduling an exterior wall with a custom closure, where the outside skin represents stone cladding.
The components schedule does not calculate the cladding that turns-in.
The painful and cumbersome workaround would be to schedule this separately in a window schedule where I have to list the height, width and reveal depth and then do the math (maybe AC22 will do the math, I'm still on 21).

Anyone found a simpler solution ?
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
4 REPLIES 4
and the plan view
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you generate a section through the Window you will see that the Wall Closure is not generated in 3D, only in 2D. Therefore it is not calculated either. I think you will have to do those calculations (easy to do in ARCHICAD 22, if you have it).
In AC21 you would have to do the calculation within the Window objects, which involves GDL scripting.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
William Yan
Expert
LaszloNagy wrote:
If you generate a section through the Window you will see that the Wall Closure is not generated in 3D, only in 2D. Therefore it is not calculated either. I think you will have to do those calculations (easy to do in ARCHICAD 22, if you have it).
In AC21 you would have to do the calculation within the Window objects, which involves GDL scripting.
“easy to do in ARCHICAD 22, if you have it).” Can you tell a little bit more specific? Thank.
AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is what the OP wrote:

The painful and cumbersome workaround would be to schedule this separately in a window schedule where I have to list the height, width and reveal depth and then do the math.

I guess this would work because the Window has these values available as parameters which could be scheduled that way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!