BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Wall dimensions without windows and doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am new here, I looked on Google and on the forum but didn't seem to find anything.

Is there a way to get in a schedule the volume and a areas of walls and wall components without subtracting the openings as windows an doors?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Francesco:

Take a look at Calculation Units & Rules > Setup Rules... > Reduce Wall > volume by any opening larger than: X and make X a very large number.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. Wouldn't that mean that for every schedule then the openings were ignored? What if I only needed it on one?

I found that it's possible for some objects to add gdl parameters and make it perform calculations, but I got it working only on Zone Stamps, while for walls I didn't find a way to add custom gdl parameters using the object editor (cmd+option+O).

I'll add a signature, in the mean time, I am using ARCHICAD 20 on macOS Sierra.
Barry Kelly
In the interactive schedules you can list the gross, net and conditional surface areas.
Gross is the area regardless of opening.
Net is the area less all openings.
Conditional is the are less openings that exceed the settings in the calculation rules.

Have a look in the reference guide for full explanation (approx. page 1410).
You are looking for "Element Listing Parameters in the Interactive Schedule" in particular the section for "Wall Listing Parameters".

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Francesco wrote:
I found that it's possible for some objects to add gdl parameters and make it perform calculations, but I got it working only on Zone Stamps, while for walls I didn't find a way to add custom gdl parameters using the object editor (cmd+option+O).
GDL can be used on Library Parts (Objects, Doors, Windows, Zones, etc.), but not on the built-in building elements (Walls, Slabs, Lines, Arcs, etc.).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!