BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Walls Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't discover how to apply the finish of the wall at the end of it. As an example, when I draw a single wall, straight with no curves, at the end it shows the core but I don't want that, I want to see it finishing with the plaster. I tried the wall ending tool but it's a generic finish, not the same I'm using. Unless I'm using it wrong I don't know how to solve that.
2 REPLIES 2
There are a number of ways to finish the end using the Wall End tool, but most of them allow you to select the appropriate building material within the parameters. It would be helpful if you would add your AC version to your signature.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
If it is just a 3D view material problem then you can just override the side (ends, top & bottom) surface material in the wall settings.
If you want to wrap an entire skin (or more than one skin) in plan then the wall end tool is what you want.
You should be able to set the surface materials you need in the wall end object settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!