It is true that the synchronization with the Manager is not completely automatic, so there are some additional steps which must be done after the restore tool usage (in v19 and newer versions):
- 1. Open the Manager browser interface
2. Navigate to the Modules page
3. Select the Server module from the list
4. Select the Projects or Libraries panel on the right side of the page
5. Search for projects or Libraries which status is Unused
6. Select the Unused project or library and use the Load as New option (or use the Link to existing project option)
After these steps e.g. the restored project will appear in the Projects list.
If you want to restore a BIM server completely (this works in v18 as well) into a new installation, then you must create a backup copy from the Manager’s Data and Config folders and the Server module’s Config folder, then before you use the tool, you must restore those folders as well while the BIM server’s services are stopped.
In the Backup Guides you can find some more details about these steps in Page 11:
Manager, Technical Services