BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Weird IFC-export in Teamwork

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

HI,

Myself and a collegue is working in a teamwork project. I've set ut the IFC-export and from my computer the process takes 4 mins and the file is 18 MB. When my collegue is publishing the same IFC the process takes 30 mins and the file is 190 MB... what could be the reason for this? I've reinstalled Archicad, deleted the TW data folder and done a leave/join...

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
1 REPLY 1
Scott Boyd Turner
Enthusiast

Mats,

would likely be the translator settings, even through they are setup in the template any modifications I believe that these are per user.

You could export  your export settings to a new template file which can then have the settings  imported to your colleague's settings.   

The amount of data in the IFC and time required to export can vary significantly. I have I have IFC export setups with minimal IFC data and also with all included data, the minimal export only takes about 5 minutes  the export with full data takes about an hour and file about 10 times larger.

Revit can import the minimal export (takes about 1 hour) but cannot import the full export even when left running over the weekend. Tekla and Solibri open both files in minutes without any errors.

Scott

Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB
Learn and get certified!