BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

What software do you use for modelling complex forms?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What software do you use for modelling complex forms like bubbles and organic?

AC is great for modeling 80% of the buildings we design and undoubtedly the best in preparing architectural drawings. Unfortunately it does not offer the same freedom to model free forms and organic forms and I need the help of other 3d modelling software.

Presently I use 3dsMAX and I am planning to try Maya.
Alas, I do not have enough free time (and money ) to experiment with all the software I want.
So, please, share your opinions and experience - it will be of great help to many of us.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Pardon to folks who have seen this question on other forums. I have been trying get a better 3D modeling interface within AC to avoid the problems with I/E.

I'm not so concerned about blobby modeling, but rather being able to draw anything rectilinear, angular, and/or simple curviliear in 3D right in place. I am willing to invest lots of time mastering yet another free-form modeler if I can stay within AC and it has half the ease of use as SketchUp which for me, means easy maneuvering around in the 3d window(s).

Zoom GDL 2.1 is supposed to run within AC 8.1. Has anyone found Zoom to help with above described modeling within AC? Anyone happy using ArchiForma within AC? Any thoughts about this much appreciated.

Will start a new topic with same question.
Learn and get certified!