Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Where is that 4th dimension thingy???

alexliz
Participant
Alright, yes, I _am_ embarassed to have to ask this, but...

I remember that ArchiCAD can assign time phases to various elements/jobs, and then you can request to see the project at, say,the three month point from commencement, or after one year etc., and it will only show you as much of the model as has been stipulated to belong to that time frame - hence the 4D idea.

But, where is that command???
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds like you are after the Construction Simulation add-on. It is a goodie that is available here for:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/goodies10/INT.html

Or to be safe you may want to choose ArchiCAD 10 Goodies from your ArchiCAD Help menu to get to the correct version.

You may also want to do a Search for Construction Simulation here in ArchiCAD-Talk.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Link.
alexliz
Participant
Thanks, Link. Was this add-on ever a part of AC itselfin past versions? I remember seeing it on my screen before, but can't remember specifically d/l it.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Djordje
Ace
alexliz wrote:
Thanks, Link. Was this add-on ever a part of AC itselfin past versions? I remember seeing it on my screen before, but can't remember specifically d/l it.
It was. All the accessories were - or almost all. The download came as news in 10, allegedly for better maintenance and easier management.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
alexliz
Participant
Alright, guys, I've downloaded the Addon, loaded it by putting the add-on file itself in the Addons folder in the ArchiCAD 10 folder, I can verify that it's loaded since I can the checkmark to the left of it, but...

When I go to Document>Schedules_and_Lists there is no Construction Simulation command to select, like the .html which comes with the Add On suggests. Any ideas? I am running AC10 817 INT on MacOS X 10.4.8.

Oh, and by the way, Djordje, I fired up AC9 and saw what you mean; Construction Simulation is there.
Alex Zachopoulos

Srinivas
Booster
alexliz wrote:
I am running AC10 817 INT on MacOS X 10.4.8.
I believe you need to download the latest patch from Graphisoft i.e; Build 1010, to run this Addon.

By the Way Happy New Year.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
alexliz
Participant
Hi Srinivas,

In the end it worked. I don't know how, but what I tried was: point to the v9 Addon (which didn't work), then use Resorcerer and modify the Version resource of the v10 1010 Addon to read 817 instead, which at first did not work, but then, I tried installing the 1010 once again and now it's working. Maybe some hungup parameter got reset somewhere along this process.

Anyway, bottomline is the addon is now working with my AC10 817.

PS I had to revert to 817 from 1010 for strategic reasons. All I can say online is that I basically work on my powerbook between many locations, and would hate to forget my AC dongle somewhere 😉
Alex Zachopoulos

Djordje
Ace
Alex,

When you download the hotfix (the current one is 1010), you should also download the goodies that are updated and replace them.

It does take time ... I know.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Srinivas
Booster
alexliz wrote:
Hi Srinivas,

then use Resorcerer and modify the Version resource of the v10 1010 Addon to read 817 instead, which at first did not work, but then, I tried installing the 1010 once again and now it's working.
Can you enlighthen me more on this? How did you do that?
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
alexliz
Participant
Resorcerer (from www.mathemaesthetics.com) is for MacOS X what ResEdit used to be in Classic: it allows you to go down into the resource level of MacOS files and modify them. For example, before the 'advent' of AC10, I used to have to go into ArchiCADResourcesLib with Resorcerer, find the annoying ArchiCAD sound resources and delete them to make ArchiCAD quiet when I work while listening, say, to iTunes.

With regard to the add-on version, if you select File>Open in Resorcerer and point to the Construction Simulation add-on, then keep selecting until you go to Contents>Resources>English.lproj>Construction Simulation.rsrc, then, in the window that opens, select 'vers' in the bottom left (after you scroll down to the bottom of the resources list), then double click the resource text to the right and change '1010' to '817'.

That's what I did, and then saved the file. I quit and restarted ArchiCAD, but the Add-on, although showing OK in the Add-on Manager list, still wouldn't show up in the Menu.

Funnily (and happily) though, after I re-installed the Add-On from the download disk image it showed up correctly and brought the commands to my menu. Like I said earlier, I don't know exactly why, but this is what happened.
Alex Zachopoulos