BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Which to install? BIM Server or Server Manager Versions V14?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all - after being in a much earlier version of the program for years, I'm now going to V.14 because a partner is also using 14 - so we're standardizing on that - however - I've been a bit thrown off by the installation options which appear to be a mutually exclusive choice.

I don't know if it's simply bad copy writing - but it's totally unclear to me whether I should be installing the BIM Server or Server Manager version. I'm working with just one other partner REMOTELY - but we'd like to be able to share with third parties via the BIMx application as well.

I'd like to make a wise choice about this if anyone could guide me a little. OR should I do the basic install (if there are some nifty workarounds that would work even better?)

Thanks.
I'm on a Core2Duo iMac if that helps - as is my remote partner (I would assume that I'll be the server though)

oh also - are there any server options that can run over Apache (?) or something I can install on a web server I wonder?
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
It is very unclear. The BIM Server INCLUDES the BIM Server Manager.
Install the BIM Server if you want a server on your machine where you will host files.

The BIM Server Manager is installed when you will only be logging into someone else's server. For example, if the file you will be working on is on your colleague's machine or the office server, you only need the BIM Manager on your computer.

If at a later date you decide to host files on your computer, you can replace the BIM Manager with the BIM Server.

Clear as mud?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erika - I had to wade through the dark world of the GS Wiki for awhile to put two and two together - so that's what I ended up doing! I hope I don't have to deal with too much IP nastiness or setting up a VPN tunnel etc, as alluded to... but I have access to some web servers - so hopefully this will work fine.. thanks.
Learn and get certified!