Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Why can't we have this in regular ArchiCAD or INT version?

Okay so I came across this tool that's been developed by Graphisoft Australia as a localised tool, and I have to say it looks Amazing as a freeform multipanel window and door desiginer.

http://graphisoft.com.au/windows-and-door-tools/

My question as it states in the title is, why in the world can't the rest of us non-Aussie ArchiCAD users have a similar non-localised tool in ArchiCAD (INT or US) as well?

Also, if they were able to marshall the resources to develop such a versatile-looking) tool for their local users, then how in the world does Graphisoft central still have any excuse to not being able to create a similar tool or have similar improvements to the door and window tools (among other construction tools) for so many years now?

When they (GS Australia) do release it, does it mean the rest of us would have to somehow buy it from them (and will we, as non-Australians even be able to) or will be be totally locked out on the outside looking in (wouldn't be the first time a satellite GS office has developed some nice tool for local users that the rest of AC users worldwide can't use)?
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
There has always been a struggle with doors and windows. Come on Graphisoft!
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I agree. We have been purchasing Cadimage Door & Window builder for years now because the stock doors and windows are insufficient. This sort of versatility should be built in to Archicad. We shouldn't have to pay extra for it (IMO).
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
alemanda
Advocate
+1
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Fra
Booster
+1
AC25 AC26 (Ita)

Mac Studio M1 Max 64 GB - OSX 12.4
PB
Advocate
+1
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
Anonymous
Not applicable
+1
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be great if we could have it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
+2 (licenses)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using it on AC18 for a little while and whilst it shows promise it is very buggy at the moment. You can spend a lot of time working on a window and then find yourself unable to edit it anymore and you basically have to delete it and start again.

I think that they are not developing the windoor builder for 18 anymore and are concentrating on the AC19 version.

Cadimage is still the better option IMO. It is more versatile and has greater stability