Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Window Element ID order

EH21
Booster

I am working on making a new project template and would like to have window orders start at 01. However, while working on the template, I placed a few windows then deleted them. Do you know how to essentially delete the memory of having placed previous windows so that all future windows to be placed start at 01? Attached photo shows that newly placed window starts at W-11.

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 9.43.40 AM.png

ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Just change the ID back to the first number you want to use and the count will restart. You can always renumber them in the order you select them once they are all placed too.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Just change the ID back to the first number you want to use and the count will restart. You can always renumber them in the order you select them once they are all placed too.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thanks! I did get this to work with the Element ID manager.

ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
Miha_M
Advisor

I would also suggest you set up as the elements you'll be using on each project as favorites. Here you can set all needed propertis you want with the correct Archicad v.2 classification and corresponding ifc mapping (with the correct numbering (W_01 as your example). You then always select this favorite element for placing it into your project. The toolbar is only for changing parameters (or use the tools you don't have pre-set favorites for). The use of the ID manager will be necessary at some point, as it is almost impossible to have top level structured workflow that wouldn't need some re-numbering.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11