BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window Glazing area Schedule that sums by orientation

Anonymous
Not applicable
For the purposes of determining the window glazing (fenestration) area for energy compliance calculations I wanted to create a Window Schedule that reports glazing area sums based on orientation.

Is there a parameter in the Window that already has a Orientation value or do I have to pick all the windows in wall face and give them an Elevation or User Defied parameter value of say North. And then add that parameter to the Schedule Criteria.

Any Help would be Appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also how might you recommend getting the Glazing from any door openings with Glass into the Schedule?

Or do I need a Separate Schedule?

And in the Schedule of Door glass is this an Automated quantity that can be reported or does it have to be a User defined area?

Lastly how would you go about excluding area of glass from windows that are not within Conditioned space?
Should I have one Schedule for all windows which is within the plan set and then just create a window schedule for the enegry compliance calculation that is maybe only shown on the Energy Sheets?
I would like it all within one window schedule as not to confuse anyone.

Am I making sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been Choosing to Set the Same ID by Criteria in the Element ID Manager with the Library Part, Width and Height as Criteria.

What do you find as the best practice? Should each window have a Unique ID?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jay:

The EcoDesigner add-on does a lot of what you are asking for automatically. You can download it, run it in Demo mode, and see if it is worth the cost.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Jay:

The EcoDesigner add-on does a lot of what you are asking for automatically. You can download it, run it in Demo mode, and see if it is worth the cost.

David
Thanks David - I will look into it, but it may be a hard sell to a guy that makes his family's own Sourdough bread, Pasta & Tiramisu.

I am not Cheap (okay a little; call it Frugal), But I love to do things myself. Yes I will admit to being a Control Freak.
Learn and get certified!