Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Window Schedules "double letter" how to sort to the end?

rob2218
Enthusiast
how do I get the 'double lettered' window tags to show up at the END of the list schedule?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
15 REPLIES 15
rob2218
Enthusiast
OK...so after a few trials...got it to work without having to type anything in the expressions field. Now...the thing is that I do NOT want the "ID Length" column to show up on my Window Schedule...I just want it to sort letters with single characters first, then letters with double characters second but.....actually "NOT" show the id field in column. How can I accomplish this?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
I guess as a quick sloppy fix...I could do this using "fills" as a masking tool in front of these fields?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rob2218 wrote:
So...here's as far as I got?
I'm not sure how to go any further than here......

Karl's screenshot shows the exact expression you need to use for the "ID_Length" Property:

LEN( Element ID)
Currently, you define "ID_Length" to be equal to "ID_Length", which is itself, which of course cannot be evaluated as an expression. It has to be dependent on something else, and that something else is calculated by taking the "Element ID" text parameter of the element, and calculating its length (how many characters it is - this is what the "LEN" function does). The number of characters in the "Element ID" parameter is the value the "ID_Length" Property returns.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rob2218 wrote:
I guess as a quick sloppy fix...I could do this using "fills" as a masking tool in front of these fields?

Rob, I answered that previously. Modify the frame of the placed Schedule on the Layout:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=72413#p323823
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
I see....of course. Just grab the left side of the view window and stretch it (pull it over to the right) so's that you only see the NO. first....got it.
thanks.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
PEARLMAN
Contributor

ALL:

There is a much easier way to get the AA, BB, CC...to the end of the schedule,  All you have to do is enter the AA as "aa", i.e., not capital.